Sunday, 30 November 2008

23rd November 08 Charts

Charts-10 to 1-

10 - Leona Lewis-forgive me
 Forgive me opens with Akon's-convict and then enters into a catchy chorus. In this song Leona uses her range of pitches magically and that is the reason why its number 10 in the charts.
Links-



9 - Britney Spears-womanizer
Womanizer is not really my type of music and to be honest I don't think that it deserves the 9th spot in the charts this week. I can see how people find it catchy since the constant electronic beat coming at you in waves does get your attention but with me, not the right attention.
Links-




8 - Guru Josh Project-infinity 2008
Guru Josh has made the perfect mix of computerised sounds and percussion instruments and, unlike Britney, has produced a rather good piece here. One thing I will say though is that the lyrics sound strange in that strong english accent of his.
Links-

Youtube vid(no music vid here)-http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uP7SXz3CxvI


7 - Girls Aloud-the promise
I have mixed feelings about this song since I don't usually like girl bands but this song is slowly growing on me. I'm not sure about the lyrics, I think they're abit lovey-dovey and boring but I do like the beats of the song.



6 - Alesha Dixon-the boy does nothing
There is no doubt the Alesha Dixon's music is very cutie but also well written and catchy. The video for this song is also okay. I do fear that this song is bordering on the lamely average. I feel a sense of dejavu when listening to this song. It's been done before. She's done better.
Links-



5 - Katy Perry-hot'n'cold
This song is one of my favorites yet on this weeks list not because I like the song in general but just because I like the lyrics and the elctro beat that Katey has added to this, otherwise girly song. Surely this electro beat has aided both Katey's songs hugely, the first of which(I kissed a girl) was number one for a number of weeks.
Links-

Youtube vid(not music vid, sound quality good)-http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bqgbmqN_CKY


4 - Ti ft Rihanna-live your life
By far my fave of the list so far. Live your life mixes a rap element, an R'n'B element and a pop element producing a song or every taste. It also mixes in a bit of miaahoo miaahaa miaahaha for good measure. This song has everything for everyone making it a big hit. My prediction is for this one to be number one by Sunday
 30th.
Links-




3 - The Killers-human
Meeeh, not my thing. This song doesn't exite me whatsoever but don't let that stop you from watching the vid or from visiting the site.
Links-



2 - X-Factor finalists-hero
A big achievment indeed for the young X-Factor finalists to be at the number 2 spot but do they deserve it?
...No not in my opinion, the old version of the song was better and wasn't ruined by in-expierienced voices. Good for them though.
Links-



1 - Beyonce-if I were a boy
This melodic tune has a place in everyones mind. The relaxing style of this song almost forces you to love it. Deserved the place at number one this week. Very good.
Links-



No comments: