Monday, 1 December 2008

Ti ft Rihanna-Live your Life-Special insight

Live your Life-
 
As you know Ti and Rihanna's tune, live your life, has made the number 3 spot in the charts this week. Today I'm gonna give you a bit more info, a little look behind the making of the song if you like.
Live your life is off Ti's sixth album, Paper Trail. It officially premiered at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards during Ti's performance there.

The song has a sample of O-Zone's Dragostea din tei which I think was a very interesting addition to the song. I've read that some people in the music 'biz' think that it ruins the song but I just think that it makes it more complex. Another clever feature of the song was when Rihanna came in with the lyrics just before the O-Zone bit ended giving the beginning of the main part of the song an interesting layered feel to it.

This song was submitted to the bbc on the 15th of October 2008 and was immediately placed on the B list to be promoted to the A list later on in the month of November. I find it amazing that a song with so much potential was just flung over to the B list without any though from the bbc, carelessness is what I'd call it.

Live your lie debuted at 80th in the HOT 100 but broke many records the next week when it rocketed from 80th, all the way down to claim the number one spot in the HOT 100. The HOT 
100 is simply judged on airplay so this must have been the week that the bbc promoted the tune to the A list. When Live your life came to number one it knocked off Ti's other song, Whatever you like. This made Ti the 9th ever artist to knock themselves from the number 1 spot in the HOT 100. This was the first time this had happened since 2004 when Usher did the same.

Finally i'll mention the only remix of this song made so far which is- Chamillionaire-Texas 4 Life.I'll put the youtube link for Texas 4 Life below.


Hope you enjoyed this post and found it interesting!
Joolzda



No comments: